I was taken by surprise twice last week when I was nominated for two blogger’s award. The first one is the Liebster Award. According to The Global Aussie website, the Liebster Award 2017 is an award “given to bloggers by other bloggers…Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” The entries for the Liebster Award 2017 closed on 25th December 2017 which means I’m late but in the spirit of giving and sharing, I would still like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has ever read, like, follow or leave a comment on my blog.
First of all,
Thank you Cake By the Ocean for nominating me for this award. I know mental health is an issue many fellow bloggers, including myself are deeply passionate about but in taking care of others, we must remind ourselves that we can’t pour from an empty cup. Cake By the Ocean is a feel good blog which reminds us to appreciate and celebrate the simple joy of life and shares valuable self-care tips to look after yourself better. Remember to love yourself more ❤
Below is my reply (in blue) to the questions posed by Cake By the Ocean.
- Do you have a favorite type of music? Indie folk. Cold Weather Company is one of my favorite band.
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done? My first solo overnight walk at the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia (which you can read about here)
- What is one thing on your bucket list? (Or more than one if you want to share!) Attempt another or as many long distance hikes as I can!
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be? (Tempting to say none I know) Park ranger or caretaker of a remote island.
- What is one food you would never eat, even if it was the last food on Earth? Human.
- Do you have a collection of any kind? All things cat.
- Did your parents ever say to you when you were a kid, “When you grow up and have your own house and your own money is when you can have/do (fill in the blank). … do whatever you want.
- Do you have a “specialty” food item that you cook or bake? If you don’t cook or bake (or even if you do) what is your favorite home cooked meal. 3-ingredient shortbread.
- If you could give everyone one beauty tip or self-care tip what would it be? Don’t waste energy comparing yourself with others.
- What would you say is your favorite thing in, or part of, Mother Nature? Feeling Alive!
- Do you have a celebrity crush? See Q1 above.
Second, according to the rules of the Liebster Award 2017, write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own*.
I have a few favourites but if there is anyone that can put a smile on my face and make me green with envy, that would be Jane from Mildly Extreme. The author describes herself as a “directionally-challenged, hiking hermit.” Mildly Extreme is a hiking blog that shares the stories of the author’s (mis)adventures while hiking, sometimes solo, in Australia. With a combination of words like ‘Australia’, ‘hiking’ and ‘hermit’, it is easy to see why I was drawn to the blog because of my dream of moving to Australia and my love for nature. I often read and wish I could follow in her foot-steps. Metaphorically, Jane has the magic of bringing her adventures to life, either that or she has a magic keyboard. I could visualise the adventures unfolding before my eyes as her descriptive humorous writing and vivid images make me marvel with wonder, make my heart thumped with excitement and at times wince with pain. Fun fact: I was partly influenced by this post when I decided on the destination for my annual vacation to Australia this year (2017).
*According to the 2017 Rules, it is optional to give 10 random facts about myself, hence I am going to skip this.
Third, nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award
According to the rules, I am supposed to nominate blogs who have a less than 200 followers and I have reasonable grounds to believe that some of my nominees may have more than 200 followers based on their level of popularity, which would disqualify them. Nonetheless, I would like to take this opportunity to nominate the following bloggers who has not only given me support and encouragement along the way but each and everyone has a remarkable story of their own to share.
- A Guy Called Bloke
- Actually Autistic Blogs List
- Aspergreatness – Liberty of Thinking
- In My Asperger’s World
- King Ben’s Grandma
- Narcoleptic Aspie
- The Happy Walk
- the silent wave
- yarn and pencil
- Yinin’s Thoughts
- Whoever is reading this!
Fourth, here are my 11 questions for the nominees and anyone who would like to contribute.
- If you have to eat the same food for one whole month, what would it be?
- If I were to visit your place of residence, where would you recommend to go or eat? Or what is your favourite hangout place?
- Can you describe your 2017 using no more than 5 words?
- [A] Apple pie OR [B] Apple crumble?
- Name 3 things that immediately come into your mind when you think of the word, “Happy”.
- What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
- How often do you go to the hairdresser or do you cut your own hair?
- [A] Winter OR [B] Summer?
- What is the title of the book you are currently reading or the title of the book you last read?
- If you are asked to design a survey to measure autism awareness / knowledge amongst the general population, can you think of one question you would include?
- If you can conduct or participate in a research study on autism, what kind of research study would it be? What do you want to investigate? (e.g. experience of autistics in the workplace, the association between autism and ADHD etc., as broad or as specific or as technical as you like).
Once again, thank you Cake By the Ocean for the nomination and for giving me this opportunity to express my gratitude to everyone who has given me support. To the nominees above, regardless whether or not you ‘accept’ the nomination, in my view, you have already won. 🙂
PS: If anyone prefers not to write a blog post about the award but would like to answer any or all of the questions above, you could post your answers as a comment.
RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD 2017
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. List 11 questions for them to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Please click here for more information.